The Bodum Kenya French Press
Attractive and Inexpensive
- Capacity 17 ounces - .5 Liter
- Serves 1-2
- Heat-resistant, borosilicate glass beaker with curved plastic frame
- Stainless-steel 3-piece filter system; no paper filter needed
- Frame protects table from heat; all parts are dishwasher-safe
- 17-ounce capacity makes 2 mugs or 4 after-dinner cups of mate
You really can't beat the smooth, rich taste that results from making your Mate Factor Loose Yerba Mate in a bodum french press!
Freshly designed with swooping curves, the black plastic frame on the New Kenya coffee press adds to the anticipation of your morning mate. And good mate indeed this press makes. Most aficionados agree that the French press, or plunger, style of french press produces the smoothest cup of yerba mate. Bodum makes the carafe itself of borosilicate glass, the lightweight, heat-resistant kind found in science labs, and the plunger and three-piece filter system of stainless steel. The plastic frame tightly wraps the glass beaker and protects your table from its heat. The lid is also plastic.
Tips for Use:
- For best results, pre-heat the glass beaker with hot water to maximize the heat retention.
- Before brewing, ensure that the filter is completely screwed into place and secure.
- If the plunger becomes hard to press, simply raise the plunger rod up about one inch and then resume pressing.
- After serving, turn the safety lid back to the closed position to help retain heat.
- After enjoying your mate, simply remove the lid/press assembly and using a rubber spatula, scoop out the used mate grounds and dispose. Rinse the press out and wash with soap and water or place the entire unit in the dishwasher.